EIGBIKE OSADOLOR COLLINS
Eigbike Osadolor Collins is an Assistant Lecturer, Environmental Management and Toxicology Department, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Benin, Benin City Nigeria. He teaches General Geology, Introduction to field Geology, Geochemistry, Introduction Hydrogeology, and Environmental Geology. Supervise students’ seminar and project work. Eigbike research areas focus in assessing the fate, transport and imparts of contaminant- heavy metals, pesticides, PAH etc on the environment with emphasis on the Soil and Groundwater system. Remediation of contaminated and polluted sites- Soil and Groundwater. Environmental Geochemistry and Health. Waste Management and Treatment plans. Eigbike has attended and presented paper at both local and international conferences of The Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society and Nigerian Association Hydrogeologist.
Area of Specialization
Applied Clay Mineralogy and Environmental Geology, Health and Toxicology, with emphasis on the fate, monitoring and remediation of contaminant in the soil and groundwater system.
• Eigbike, O.C; Nfor B.N and Imasuen I.O (2013). Physio Chemical Investigations and Health Implications of Geopghagial Clays of Edo State, mid-Western Nigeria. Journal Geology Geosciences 3: 140
• Eigbike, O.C; Anegbe, B. ; Obomese F and Megbuluba T (2016) Geochemical, Physico-chemical and Mineralogical characterization of clayey soils used traditionally as therapeutic and cosmetic ingredients in Edo state Nigeria IIARD International Journal of Geography and Environmental Management ISSN 2504-8821 Vol. 2 No.1
• Ederoh Anthony O., Dioha Emmanuel C., Eigbike C.O (2008).Generating Employment Opportunity by Evaluating the potential of Solid Minerals: A case study of Igarra Marble, Edo State, Nigeria. International Edited Conference Proceedings of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE).
• Dioha Emmanuel C., Ederoh Anthony O. Eigbike C.O (2009). The Effects of Environmental degradation on human and its habitats: A focus on Environmental pollution International Edited Conference Proceedings of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society
• Eigbike O.C., and Okpoko I.E., (2008) Integrated Approach of Controlling and Management of Gully Erosion: Case study of Queen Eden Gully Erosion Benin City, Nigeria. Conference paper presentation at the 3rd International conference of the Nigerian Association Hydrogeologist (2008