Area of Specialization
1. Ohanaka C E, Iribhogbe P E, Ofoegbu R O. Gunshot injuries in Benin City. Nigerian Journal of Surgical Sciences 2000; 1: 81-85.
2. Iribhogbe P.E, Ojobo S I, Aligbe J U. Unusual phyllodes tumour of the breast. Nigerian Journal of Surgical Sciences 2002; 12: 34-36.
3. Menakaya U. A, Iribhogbe P. E, Okonofua F. E. Congenital absence of the uteru. International Journal of Gynaecology and Obsterics 2002; 79: 147.
4. Imarengiaye C, Enosolease M. E, Iribhogbe P. E. Blood transfusion in a tertiary hospital. Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research 2002; 1: 17-21.
5. Osime C, Iribhogbe P. E. (2002). Fourniers gangrene secondary to prolonged use of steroid containing cream: A case report. Ann Biomed Sci. 2002; 1: 152-155.
6. Iribhogbe P. E, Ohanaka C. Male breast cancer in Benin City. Nigerian Journal of Surgery 2003; 9: 7-10.
7. Ohanaka C E, Iribhogbe P E, Osime C. Interval appendicectomy and management of appendix mass: Experience in Benin City, Nigeria, Sahel Medical Journal 2004; 7: 25-27.
8. Ohanaka C E, Enosolease M E, Aligbe J U, Iribhogbe P.E. Primary lymphoma of the breast: a case report and literature review. Nigerian Journal of Surgical Research 2004; 6: 128-130.
9. Menakaya U.A, Aligbe J, Iribhogbe P.E, Agoreyo F, Okonofua F.E. Complete androgen insensitivity syndrome with persistent mullerian derivatives: a case report, J Obstet Gynaecol 2005; 25: 403-405.
10. Imarengiaye C.O, Iribhogbe P.E, Oludiran O O. Airway problems in throidectomy patients, African journal of Anaesthesia and Intensive care 2005; 6: 8-11.
11. Imarengiaye C.O, Enosolease M E, Iribhogbe P.E. Ehigiegba A.E. Risk of transfusion-transmitted hepatitis C Virus in a tertiary Hospital in Nigeria, Public Health 2006; 120: 274-278.
12. Friday E. Okonofua, Pius Iribhogbe. Prevention of breast cancer in African women, African Journal of Reproductive health 2006; 10: 7-9.
13. Osime O C, Ehikhamenor E, Oludiran O O, Iribhogbe P E, Ighedosa S U, Elusoji S O. Road Traffic Accident trends in Nigeria, International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion 2006; 13: 251-253.
14. Iribhogbe P, Verbeek D, Sugrue M, Hemathulintra D, Parr M, Hillman K. (2006). Continuous abdominal perfusion pressure in intensive care-a novel technique, International Journal of Disaster Medicine 2006; 4: 1-2: 22. Paper presented at the Annual scientific Conference of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition centre from May 9 to 13, 2005). Won the best free paper award at the 7th European congress on Trauma and Emergency Surgery held in Malmo, Sweden from 6th to 9th Sept, 2006.
15. Iribhogbe P E, Omorogiuwa I. Acute appendicitis in young children-A diagnostic challenge. Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research 2006; 5: 40-43.
16. Osime O C, Ighedosa U S, Oludiran O O, Iribhogbe P E, Ehikhamenor E, Elusoji S O. Patterns of trauma deaths in an accident and emergency unit. PreHospital and Disaster Medicine 2007; 22: 75-78.
17. Elusoji S O, Osime OC, Iribhogbe P E, Egwaikhide E O A, Egbagbe E E. Spontaneous enterocutaneous fistula in an HIV positive patient, Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences 2007; 23: 788-789.
18. P E Iribhogbe, N J Nwashili and O O Oludiran. (2007). Perforation of the jejunum-an unusual mechanism, Port Harcourt Medical Journal 2008; 2, 174-176.
19. Iribhogbe P E. (2007). Mass casualty incidents and disasters in Nigeria: The need for better management strategies, The Nigerian Postgraduate Medical Journal 2007; 14: 341-346.
20. ⃰P E Iribhogbe, E A Osemwenkha, C O Imarengiaye, S O Elusoji. (2007). Trauma Preparedness in Nigeria: A questionnaire survey, Sahel Medical Journal 2007; 10: 97-102. (Presented and accepted at the 51st scientific conference of the Nigerian Surgical Research Society held in Benin City from 5th to 7th July 2007).
21. Iribhogbe P E, Osime C O, Enukegwu U S. Epidemiology of gallstone disease in Benin City Nigeria, Nigerian Journal of Surgery 2008; 14: 1-6. Presented at the Annual Scientific Conference of the International College of Surgeons (Nigerian National Section), Palm royal Motel Benin City, Nigeria held from June 16-19, 2004.
22. Elusoji S O, Famodu A A, Aigbe A, Osime C, Iribhogbe P E, Oludiran O, Egwakhide E, Elusoji C, Oluedo A. Haemorrheological changes in African breast cancer patients. African Journal of Reproductive Health 2008; 12, 84-89.
23. S O Elusoji, C Osime, P Iribhogbe, E Egwaikhide, O Oludiran, C Elusoji, O Esezobor, S Digban, O F Igbinidu and C U Ajuzie. (2008). Unilateral inguinal herniorrhaphy in a semi-urban practice. (The efficacy of spinal anaesthesia using 2% lidocaine), Archives of Clinical Research 2008; 2: 46-49.
24. S O Elusoji, C Osime, P Iribhogbe, E Egwaikhide, O Oludiran, C Elusoji, O Esezobor, S Digban, O F Igbinidu and C U Ajuzie. Unilateral inguinal herniorrhaphy in a semi urban practice. How safe and efficacious is ketamine anaesthesia? Annals of Rural and Suburban Medicine 2009; 2: 22-25.
25. S. O Elusoji, O. F Igbinidu, C. Osime, P. Iribhogbe, E. Egwaikhide, O. Oludiran, C. Elusoji, O. Esezobor, and S. Digban. Local anaesthesia for thyroidectomy in a semi-urban practice, African Journal of Medical Science 2008; 1: 74-77
26. Pius Ehiawaguan Iribhogbe, Clement Odigie Osime. (2008). Compliance with seat belt use in Benin City, Nigeria, PreHospital and Disaster Medicine 2008; 23: 16-19.
27. Iribhogbe P E. Attitude of Nigerian Surgeons to intraoperative deaths. Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice 2010; 13: 13-15.
28. Iribhogbe P. E, Odai Emeka Danielson. (2009) Driver related risk factors for Commercial motorcyclists (Okada) accidents in Benin City, Prehospital and Disaster medicine 2009; 24: 356-359.
29. S O Elusoji, C Osime, P Iribhogbe, E Egwaikhide, O Oludiran, C Elusoji, O Esezobor, S Digban, O F Igbinidu and M Momoh. (2009) Femoral herniorrhaphy and its effect on fibrinogen, African Journal of Biotechnology 2009; 8: 577-579.
30. P E Iribhogbe, F. O Era. Carbon monoxide poisoning in Nigeria. It is time to pay attention, Port Harcourt Medical Journal 2009; 4: 88-91.
31. Osifo O D, Iribhogbe P E, Thomas H. (2009) Falls from heights: Epidemiology and injury pattern at the Accident and Emergency Center of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital. Injury 2010; 41: 544-547.
32. Iribhogbe P E, Okolo C J. Management of splenic injuries in a University Teaching Hospital in Nigeria. West African Journal of Medicine 2009; 28: 308-312
33. S O Elusoji, P E Iribhogbe, Osime O. C. Thyroidectomy under ketamine anaesthesia in a semi urban hospital in Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences 2009; 25: 695-697.
34. P E Iribhogbe and Uwuigbe O. Complications of tube thoracostomy using Advanced Trauma Life Support Technique in Chest Trauma. West African Journal of Medicine 2011; 30: 369-372
35. S O Elusoji, C Osime, P Iribhogbe, E Egwaikhide, O Oludiran, C Elusoji, O Esezobor, S Digban, O F Igbinidu and C U Ajuzie. Effect of open prostatectomy with gauze packing on packed cell volume. International Journal of Pharmaceutical science 2009; 1: 105-107
36. Crash-2-Collaborators (Iribhogbe P E, Member of writing Committee at the University of London in 2010). Effects of Tranexamic Acid on death, vascular occlusive events, and blood transfusion in trauma patients with significant haemorrhage (CRASH-2): a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. The Lancet 2010: www.thelancet.com DOI: 10.1016/SO140-6736(10)60939-7
37. Crash-2-Collaborators. The importance of early treatment with tranexamic acid in bleeding trauma patients: an exploratory analysis of the CRASH-2 randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2011. www.thelancet.com DOI: 10.1016/SO140-6736 (11) 60278-x
38. O D Osifo, T O Osagie and P E Iribhogbe. Pediatric Road Traffic Accident Deaths Presenting to a Nigerian Referral Center. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2012; 27:1-6
39. P E Iribhogbe. Knowledge of tyre pressures and tyre care among vehicle drivers in Benin City, Nigeria. Annals of Biomedical Sciences 2012; 11: 72-78
40. O D Osifo, P E Iribhogbe and Ugiagbe E E. Epidemiology and pattern of paediatric and adolescent trauma deaths in a level 1 trauma centre in Benin City, Nigeria. Injury 2011. Doi : 10.1016/j.injury.2011.07.016
41. S O Elusoji, O F Igbinidu, C Osime, P Iribhogbe, E Egwaikhide, O Oludiran, C Elusoji, O Esezobor, S Digban and S M Momoh. Femoral herniorrhaphy (How does it alter platelet counts?). Journal of Advancement in Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2009; 3: 25-28.
42. S O Elusoji, C Osime, P Iribhogbe, E Egwaikhide, O Oludiran, C Elusoji, O Esezobor, S Digban, F Igbinidu and C U Ajuzie. Spinal anaesthesia using 2 % lidocaine for appendectomy in a semi urban practice. African Journal of Medical Sciences 2009; 2: 17-19.
43. S O Elusoji, C Osime, P Iribhogbe, E Egwaikhide, O Oludiran, C Elusoji, O Esezobor, S Digban, O F Igbinidu and C U Ajuzie. Bilateral Inguinal herniorrhaphy in semi-urban practice (How safe is ketamine anaesthesia?). African Journal of Physical Sciences 2009; 2: 13-15.
44. Idogun S, Ayinbuomwan E, Iribhogbe P E and Ayinbuomwan S. High sensitivity C-reactive protein in patients with acute injuries. Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research 2012.
45. Iribhogbe P. E, Okugbo S, Obumse T. Emergency traumatic diaphragmatic injuries in Benin City, Nigeria. Annals of Biomedical Sciences 2012.
Awards and Conferences Attended
Abstracts of selected publications and Journals